As we look back at 2016 and ahead into 2017, we reflect on and are inspired by our customer successes. We are excited to unveil the Top 25 Most Efficient Smart City Deployments Using the Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling System. Congratulations to each and every one of these cities, towns, parks and transit systems, business improvement districts, other public spaces for constituent enjoyment and their impacted communities! These cities and entites within are power users of their smart waste system and are taking full advantage of data-driven waste management across city limits.
1. Thayer Street District Management Authority, RI (United States) – 99% Average Efficiency for 2016!
2. Cheshire West and Chester Council, England (United Kingdom)
5. Gravesham Borough Council, England (United Kingdom)
6. City of Los Angeles – Council District 1, CA (United States)
7. Laois County Council, Laois (Ireland)
8. Douglas County, CO (United States)
9. City of Everett, WA – Parks (United States)
10. Wheaton Urban District – Montgomery County, MD (United States)
11. Bradford City Council, England (United Kingdom)
12. City of Kenora, ON (Canada)
13. Borough of Pottstown, PA (United States)
14. City of Newton, MA (United States)
15. Oxford City Parks, Oxfordshire (United Kingdom)
16. Ville de Strasbourg, Alsace (France)
17. NYC Alliance for Downtown New York, NY (United States)
18. Bath & North East Somerset Council, England (United Kingdom)
19. London Borough of Islington, England (United Kingdom)
20. Portland Streetcar, OR (United States)
21. City of Wylie, TX (United States)
22. Dublin City Council, Dublin (Ireland)
23. NYC Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, NY (United States)
24. Borough of West Chester, PA (United States)
25. Jönköping (Sweden)
DunLaoghaire Rathdown Council, Dublin (Ireland)
Can you guess exactly how many gallons of public space waste was captured in the connected Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems in 2016? Find the answer plus other system stats and successes in our recent 2016 in Review, here.
In 2016, over 112 million gallons ( *hint for question above* ) of public space waste was successfully managed by this smart platform, kept off sidewalks, out of parks and waterways, and removed from pest access. Unique compaction technology coupled with total containment and real-time fullness visibility delivers beautified public spaces with a reduced total waste bin footprint.
Customers geographically located across all fifty states and in fifty countries around the world leverage Bigbelly’s cloud-based management platform to guide, optimize, and analyze their city- or campus-wide waste collection operations. Bigbelly is proud to empower its customers worldwide to manage this core city service in a smarter, data-driven, sustainable manner while creating the cleaner, safer, more desirable streetscapes of today and tomorrow.
- Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems Captured Over 112 Million Gallons of Public Space Waste Last Year (2016 In Review) – Press Release
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart City Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart College & University Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Smart City Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)
- Top 25 Smart College Campus Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)