Effective May 25, 2018
Bigbelly is committed to protecting our customer’s privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information, as well as outline the controls and choices you have around when and how you choose to share your Personal Information.
- What Personal Information we collect and process through our website, mobile applications, online services and other interactions;
- Why we collect your Personal Information and how that information is used;
- What legal basis we have for processing your Personal Information;
- How we store your Personal Information;
- How we protect the security of your Personal Information;
- Who we transfer and disclose your Personal Information to;
- What rights you have regarding the use of your Personal Information;
- How we comply with the data protection rules;
*Please note our website includes hyperlinks to other websites neither owned nor managed by us. Bigbelly is not associated with these third-party websites and does not review their privacy policies. We cannot guarantee the privacy of any information that may be obtained by third parties at these other websites. We strongly encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website you visit before supplying Personal Information through that website.
What Personal Information we collect and process through our website, mobile applications, Services and other interactions.
We may collect Personal Information from you when you login to CLEANTM, configure components, groups and notifications within CLEANTM, access our website, mobile application and other websites accessible through our website and/or application, or when you contact us.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
- Name, e-mail address, telephone number and other contact information;
- Information about your use of our website and/or application including but not limited to your IP address, the websites from which you access our website, the type of web browsers used to access our website, the device used to access our website and the pages viewed;
- The configurations you set for different aspects of your CLEANTM account;
- Location, including real-time geographic location of your device through GPS, or your IP Address, if you use location-based features and turn on the Location Services settings on your device and computer;
- Cookies: for further information, please see our “Cookies Policy” section below;
- Billing and payment information: Personal Information collected will vary depending on the payment method but may include information such as: your name, address, phone, and email, as well as transaction history and emails regarding collections. Credit card transactions will also include information regarding the card type, expiration date, certain digits of your card number. In order to enable our billing functions, we will provide your Personal Information to our payment processors (such as NetSuite, Cybersource).
Why we collect your Personal Data and how that information is used.
Your Personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing products and services you request: If you, your employer or a third party decide to purchase our Service, we will use your Personal Information for purposes of providing the Service to you. We may also provide your Personal Information to trusted partners and our affiliates who work on our behalf and use your Personal Information to help us provide the Service. Such partners include database providers, data analytics providers and other suppliers who assist with providing technical support (such as Rackspace, Inc. and Google Analytics).
- Sending you notifications or system messages in CLEANTM: We use your Personal Information to send you notifications within CLEANTM that you or others with account access have set up regarding your components, groups, or other users.
- Customer Service communications: We use your Personal Information to manage our relationship with you as our customer, to answer any issues or concerns, to monitor customer communications for quality and training purposes and to improve our Services and enhance your experience with us.
- Responding to information requests: We use your Personal Information to respond to requests you submit for information about our Service and other inquiries, such as employment opportunities or for press inquiries. We use this information because we have a legitimate business interest in understanding customer/potential customer feedback and in responding to your communications in a consistent way.
- Processing billing and payments: If you have been designated by your organization as being a contact for billing or payment purposes, we will use your Personal Information to process your organization’s order, issue invoices to your organization and take payment from, or make payment to, you (including refunds if applicable).
- Marketing communications: From time to time we may use your Personal Information to contact you with information regarding company news or and ancillary products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice on CLEANTM’s Privacy Center. You will also be given the opportunity on every e-communication that we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material. If we have collected your Personal Information through our website or through other channels (such as if you have exchanged contact information with one of our Sales representatives or business partners), and we have a permission to do so, we will use your Personal Information to inform you about other services and products that might be of interest to you and to gather feedback from you on our website and our Service.
- Reviews and feedback. If you are a CLEANTM user and you contact Bigbelly to provide feedback or reviews of your experience, we will use your Personal Information (as well as your feedback/review) to understand and respond to customer feedback.
What legal basis we have for processing your Personal Data.
We will only process your Personal Information where we have a legal basis to do so, which will depend on the reasons we have collected and why need to use your Personal Information.
- Performance of a contract: If you, your employer or a third party decide to purchase our Service, we will need to process your Personal Information so we can perform our contractual obligation of providing the Service to you.
- Legitimate Interests: We use your Personal Information for several reasons, including our legitimate business interests in: understanding customer feedback, consistently responding to your communications, understanding how our website is accessed, used and any problems that users have, as well as promoting our products and services.
- Consent: We will use your Personal Information when you provide explicit consent to the processing of that information for one or more specified purposes.
How we store your Personal Data
We store your Personal Information on cloud servers located in the United States. In addition, we use suppliers in the United States that support the provision of our Service. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, including to countries outside of the location(s) of your business, such as the United States and countries within Europe, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Where such transfers of your Personal Information are made they will be made in accordance with applicable law.
We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means.
Generally, that means we will keep your Personal Information for as long as you have a relationship with us or, if you do not have a relationship with us beyond this communication, for a reasonable length of time that lets us understand how people use our website, any technical issues they have, and how people use our Service and the impact of any marketing offers that we make.
When we no longer need your Personal Information, we will securely delete or destroy it. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your
Personal Information, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage. The Personal Data you provide to us is protected using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology. SSL is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information and credit card details so that they can be securely transferred over the Internet.
How we protect the security of your Personal Data
Who we transfer and disclose your personal data to.
- Service Providers. We use technical service providers which may operate the technical infrastructure that we need to provide the Service.
- Law Enforcement and Protection Authorities. We will share your Personal Information when we in good faith believe it is necessary for us to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena. We also will also share your Personal Information where we in good faith believe that it is necessary for the purpose of our own, or a third partyâs legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation, protecting the safety of any person, or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm, provided that we deem that such interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your Personal Information.
We also share your Personal Information globally in order to carry out these activities, including to third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your Personal Information, therefore, may be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence.
What rights you have regarding the use of your Personal Information.
You may be aware that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their Personal Information. Accordingly, we have implemented additional transparency and access controls to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the following rights are afforded regarding the use of your Personal Information, including the right to:
- Request information about your Personal Information: You may request confirmation about whether we hold Personal Information about you, and, if so, what that information is, why we are using it, and who we have shared the information with.
- Access your Personal Information: You may request access to your Personal Information that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification of Personal Information: You may request that we amend or update your Personal Information where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erasure of Personal Information: You may request that we delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing Personal Information: You may object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to processing Personal Information based on automated decision-making: You may object to the processing of your Personal Information, including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your Personal Information or profiling of you.
- Restrict/suspend processing of personal data: You may request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your Personal Information.
- Data portability: You may request transfer of your Personal Information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party. This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your Personal Inforamtion to another party in an electronically useable format.
- Withdraw consent: In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your Personal Information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your Personal Information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
These rights are subject to restrictions under European data protection law and, subject to the exemptions in that law, may only apply to certain types of information or processing. Additionally, these rights may not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, then please contact us at the following link: Bigbelly Data Request.
How we comply with the data protection rules.
All Personal Information is collected and processed in accordance with US and EU (GDPR) data protection laws.
You can change or update your Personal Information at any time by logging into CLEANTM with your user ID and password and accessing your profile. All Personal
Information except your name, company name, and email address can be changed by you through your profile. If you wish to change your name, company name, or email address as listed in your profile, you must call our Customer Support line for assistance.
You also may decline to receive mail or email from us that does not relate directly to your access to or use of the Service. If you wish to receive “support-only” contact at any time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognize your browser and help us to track visitors to our site; enabling us to understand better the products and services that will be most suitable to you. A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your login purpose. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but, if you wish, you can change these browser settings by accepting, rejecting and deleting cookies. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. If you choose to change these settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended. The cookies we use do not detect any information stored on your computers.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use our website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are sometimes placed by third-party providers of web traffic analysis services.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies remember choices you make and are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. They are also used to make advertising more relevant to you, as well as to limit the number of times you see an advert. These cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the other websites that you visit and this information is shared with third-party organizations, for example advertisers.