Join Bigbelly and educational facilities leaders at APPA 2018 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Washington, D.C. from August 3-5, 2018. APPA’s annual conference is the platform for discussion, information share, networking, and much more! Join us and educational colleagues for this distinctive international event to discover best practices used by the profession’s most recognized and talented educational facilities leaders. Attendees convene to identify and discuss the most current and pressing challenges facing educational facilities, and determine the common path forward. We are excited to be moderating a panel discussion among higher education facilities leaders on the role that smart waste solutions play in transforming campus waste and recycling services.
PANEL SESSION: Modernizing Waste & Recycling Operations
DATE & TIME: Friday, August 3, 2018 from 9:45am – 10:45am
CONFERENCE TRACK: Sustainability & Energy
- Carly Rizor, Superintendent of Grounds – University of Illinois at Chicago
- Mark Helms, Assistant Vice President Physical Plant – University of Florida
- Gary Falasca, Director, Custodial, Grounds Maintenance & Athletic Buildings – Lehigh University
- Leila Dillon, VP Global Marketing & North American Distribution, Bigbelly
Technology and innovation are changing the status quo for a core facility service: waste and recycling management on campus. From overflows and windblown litter plus large bin footprints with a mismatched aesthetic, to a lack of measurable recycling and multi-tasking facilities crews – campuses are solving their most common waste challenges with a smarter solution: modernized waste management. Colleges and universities across the globe are implementing a smarter way to handle waste and recycling that delivers data-backed, measurable results that make the case for scaled implementation.
In this session, we will hear from campus leaders who paved for pathway for modernizing waste operations on campus and successfully made the case to implement this smarter solution. They will share their story and lessons learned in increasing productivity, keeping waste in its place, and introducing measurable public recycling, all while capturing data to serve the campus today and plan for the growth of tomorrow.
- Attendees will leave this session with a holistic understanding of the most common waste operations challenges that colleges face today and the opportunities available to solve them;
- Attendees will learn about a proven, smart solution that is successfully modernizing waste management on college campuses today;
- Attendees will leave with a real-life blueprint for how a higher education institution has implemented a modernized solution for campus waste operations and introduced measurable recycling on campus, all while making the case for a scaled implementation;
- Attendees will be challenged to think about their campus waste and recycling operations today, and return to campus empowered with solutions that are solving real problems on campus.
– – – – –
APPA CONFERENCE AND EXPO 2018
When: August 3-5, 2018
Where: Marriott Marquis Washington, DC Hotel
Registration: Check out the website for full event, CEU credits, and registration details.
Agenda: Visit the full conference agenda to map out your time at APPA!
We hope that you can join us for the conversation. Add our session to your APPA conference agenda!
– – – – –
Will you be at APPA 2018? We would love to meet you there! Please contact us if you would like to schedule a meeting with Leila Dillon while at the conference to discuss how to leverage Bigbelly on your campus.